- All submissions are free. You may submit simultaneously and as many pieces as you like.
- Please remove your name from your submission to ensure an anonymous and fair selection process.
- Our journal only publishes works of creative nonfiction by undergraduate students currently attending the University of Colorado, Boulder. Work made by non CU undergraduates can still be submitted as long as it was created while an undergrad.
- The preferred word count maximum is 3,000 words.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman 12 pt. font, double spaced.
- Space twice after periods; once after paragraphs.
- Submissions must be sent as a Word file (.doc .docx)
- All citations must be done in Chicago style.
- All Art Submissions must be sent as .png or .jpg files, formatted to 300 dpi.
- All files must be named the title of the piece.
Mixed Media Submissions:
- We are happy to accept submissions that are a combination of written and artistic media as long as it still qualifies as creative nonfiction.
- Submissions of multi-modal (mixed media) work must be sent as a .pdf file.
- If you plan on submitting a video for consideration as a future online publication, you are not required to send it as a .pdf file.
- If applicable, all citations must be done in Chicago style.
Simultaneous submissions to other publications are allowed. However, should your work be accepted elsewhere, you are responsible for notifying Journal Twenty Twenty immediately to withdraw your submission from consideration.